Tuesday, December 27, 2011

...Life and then next

Death is inevitable & known
But it comes as surprise
to even the most hardened hearts.

The first death I encountered was in the 4th grade. A classmate had met with an accident. I didn't know how to feel about it. I still don't know. Didn't know when my dad's step mom died a few years back. Or when I saw bodies lying on the railway track after the Bombay local train bomb blasts 5yrs ago.

To share somebody's smiles is easier but how does one react to knowing that a person is not going to be around anymore. The numbness, cold that creeps into your very being.

I am shy to shed tears. Awkward to console somebody on their loss. Some will wail, some sit quiet...lost in thoughts. Death brings us back to reality, the futility of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment